Thursday, February 7, 2013

Casually seeking of God


Casually seeking of God

Luke warm... 

Draw unto God

Inner court, Outer court

Veil ripped 

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. You draw near to Him first. You determine how close to God you want to be. This does not pertain to salvation. You were only saved because He drew you to Him. You can not be more saved than you are right now. A person can't get saved without God revealing Himself to them first. There is a level of closeness we can have to God based on how we live our lives. There is a level of hearing God based on the way we live our lives. 

People have a lack of hunger therefore they don't draw near to God.

Psalm 42:1 as does the deer...

When I remember these thing I pour out my soul within me...

Vines: remember...more than just recall... Means: To retain in thought 

When I retain desire for God in my thoughts it causes me to pour out my out my soul within me.

We need to protect and increase our hunger for God. 

We can't pray Lord give me more hunger for you... Prov. 27:7 satisfies soul loathe the honey comb...

Definition of loathe: to feel intense dislike for..: to dislike greatly and often with disgust or intolerance : detest

We don't loathe things because we are in a satisfied state. We are stuffed with things and are not hungry for the right things.

This is one reason why it can be said, good is the enemy of best... Something's are good but are not God's best. 

1 Corinthians 10:23
King James Version (KJV)
23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

1 Corinthians 10:23 (AMP) | In Context | Whole Chapter
23 All things are legitimate [permissible—and we are free to do anything we please], but not all things are helpful (expedient, profitable, and wholesome). All things are legitimate, but not all things are constructive [to character] and edifying [to spiritual life].

There are good things out there, but can hinder us in our walk with God. 

MHC-The hungry will bless God for bread and water, while those that are full think the greatest dainties and varieties scarcely worth giving thanks for. The virgin Mary seems to refer to this when she says (Luke 1:53), The hungry, who know how to value God’s blessings, are filled with good things, but the rich, who despise them, are justly sent empty away. 

Rev. 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:...

People being satisfied, have need for nothing...so they think

No comments: