Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Finding your identity in Christ




2Cor 1:21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; 22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

2 Cor 2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always caught us to triumph in Christ...

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Phil 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Daily we come across things in life that try to define our identity. There are so many outward influences that could affect who we are. Daily we need to walk a life unaffected by those influences. Know who you are in Christ. You are not defined by friends, family, or jobs. God uses people and circumstances to make us more like Christ. The key is to be more like Christ, not things or people. If we get our identity in those things and those things are gone, who are we? 
This is when the struggle comes... Who are we???

  1. 1 Timothy 1:18
    [ Fight the Good Fight ] This charge I commit to you, son Timothy, according to the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you may wage the good warfare,
  2. 1 Timothy 6:12
    Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
  3. 2 Timothy 4:7
    I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
1 Corinthians 15:30-32

30 And why do we stand in jeopardy every hour? 31 I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily
1 Corinthians 9:27
But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Dance like no one is looking
Sing like no one can hear
Love like you never hurt before
Live like there is nothing to fear

No comments: