Friday, January 14, 2011

“Don’t Park There”: by Angie Paxton

“Don’t Park There”: by Angie Paxton

“Don’t Park There”

Many times in life we get stuck in the mud. We do the same thing everyday and become religious. We have had many things happen to us and we have been hurt. Many times we sit and look back at the things we did or didn’t do and we park there. We have had loss or missed an opportunity because of sin and we park there. We stop moving in what God would have us do or what He would have us be.

We are not to live in the past and we are not to park there. Memories will come. Thoughts will come. What are you going to do about them? You could even have had some good things happen in your life. God has done some great things and you have not moved on to the next thing He has for you because you have made that thing a god. You look to that thing instead of looking to God for direction and guidance. So it is not just bad things that cause us to park. God has a plan and purpose for your life. He is not a wasteful God. The bible says to redeem the time… Meaning making the most of the time we have for Him.

Many people live in the past. First they replay in their minds the good old days. They think about it over and over. They meditate on it over and over. Then that is all they talk about. “I remember when…”, It was better times back then.” They talk about it over and over. Then others look back to the bad times they had and the things that they went through. Those things that made a strong impression on their minds. Mistakes that they mad or times where someone hurt them really bad. They replay it over and over in their mind. Then they start talking negative and get depressed. People do not know how to live in today. Don’t get me wrong I believe some people have been hurt. But we do not & should not live in the past.

Looking back is a sure end in going back. Many people give up and go back because they park until they have looked back so much, they just go back. They go back to the things in life God has delivered them from. They go back to the mountain top where they once were at.

We have’t yet scratched the surface of the work that needs to be done in the hearts & lives of people. God has a plan and purpose now for you. He doesn’t keep a person in the past. God is the “I AM”, not the I was. He deals with people where they are at now, not what they could have been, or what has been in the past.

Phil. 3:13-14Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Everyday we must look forward at what God is doing now. Forget those things in the past, good or bad. We must remember the things God has done for us only to encourage ourselves in the Lord, not to stay back there. So instead of rehearsing the problem or the terror or trouble, rehearse, reflect, and live out and reflect His nature in your hearts and lives. Park at His goodness, His Character, and be in awe about him.

Lets look at some things to ponder and meditate on.

Gen. 9:16 … Remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature…

Deut. 8:1,18 : 16:3,12 Remember what the Lord has done, where He has brought you through, and where He has brought you from.

1 Chron. 16:12 Remember His marvelous works and His wonders…

Ps. 63:6 Remember Him and meditate on Him day and night.

Like David in Ps. 9:1 I will Praise you, OH Lord, with my whole heart: I will show forth (recount & tell aloud) all your marvelous works and wonderful deeds!

Ps. 16:7-11 I will bless the Lord, who has given me counsel. Yes, my heart instructs me in the night season. I have set the Lord continually before me, because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

Ps 18:33 He makes my feet like hinds feet [able to stand firmly or make progress on the dangerous heights of testing & trouble]: He sets me securely upon my high places.

Eph. 4:23 … be renewed in the spirit of your mind.

You are no longer a slave of your past or your former way of life!!

There are so many scriptures that we can meditate on.

Phil. 4:8-9 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Fix your mind on these things… Practice & model your way of living on it…

Forgetting those things behind, pressing forward, fix your mind on the Cross and your Faith in the Cross will produce:

Phil. 4:13
I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].

So live today, do not look back or meditate on the past. Cover it with the Cross. Only Park at His goodness, His word, and sanctify your heart unto Him. This must be done daily. When satan tries to bring things up, tell him that is under the blood. Then tell him, My God… My strength…My savior…My Redeemer…My Shield…MyBuckler…My Shepherd…My Light…My Righteousness…My Salvation…My Deliverer …My Refuge…My Lord…My God…, My Great Physician …is in me. Greater is He that is in me, than He that is in the world. Satan the blood of Jesus is against you. Praise God be set free from the bondage of Fear and Terror!!!!!!

No comments: